Main Job Requirements
- Create a seamless web experience that is responsive, mobile optimized & fast.
- Improve current web pages for a better user experience (UX).
- Create new web posts submitted from wine writers, add images & optimize the posts.
- Develop cross-promotional links to improve time on site & SEO interlinking.
- Create new images & illustrations to use throughout the site.
- Implement SEO best practices throughout the website.
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies.
- 4+ years experience designing and developing WordPress websites.
- Advanced front-end development experience using HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL.
- Experience with responsive design/dev practices for mobile and desktop.
- Experience using Photoshop & other similar tools required.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Familiarity with office software.
- Strong online researching skills.
- Self-starter in an unsupervised environment.
Additional Beneficial Skills
- Experience gathering data via APIs, knowledge of JSON, XML, MySQL preferred.
- Wine knowledge
- Experience with web analytics reporting tools (Mainly Google Analytics).
Compensation and Expectations
Hours – This is a part-time position, typically 5-10 hours per week.
Salary – Commensurate based on experience.
Requirements – Must have reliable internet connection and computer.
To Apply For The WordPress Web Designer Job
Please email us your resume and past website examples to info[at]vinocritic.com
About Vino Critic
Vino Critic was started in 2020 to help everyday people learn about wine and find great values with wine. With so many different options for wine, it can be very intimidating, frustrating and/or expensive for people to enjoy wine as much as they could. We earn income by selling ads on the web pages along with affiliate advertising. We pride ourselves on working with integrity and honesty while helping others enjoy wine like we do. Our family-owned business continues to grow, and we are currently looking for more wine enthusiasts to join our team.